The Greater East End District is seeking candidates for its Director of Finance position. Qualified applicants are invited to send resumes to email@example.com through October 20, 2017.
Oversee fiscal operations in accordance with regulations, philosophies and District policies. Promote the District and assist in implementation of its programs through fiscally responsible planning, collaborative partnerships, and effective use of staff and resources.
- Manage financial interests of the District including development of the annual budget, gathering data for capital and expense budgets, tracking expense, cash flow management, expense control, monthly financial reports, and stewardship of results
- Oversee the District’s investments, with direction and approval of the Board
- Support implementation of programs across multiple service lines including security and public safety, marketing and perception, visual and infrastructure improvements, workforce development, and program support & administration as directed by the President.
- Source and implement additional revenue generating projects through outsourcing services and partnering with appropriate entities, as directed by the President
- Administer and oversee contracts with contractors, consultants and other entities
- Ensure programs are compliant with all grants, contracts, certifications, and District procedures
- Manage FTA grant funding draws in partnership with GEEMD Grants Administrator
- Prepare and manage worksheets that track grant funds and GEEMD grant matching funds
- Prepare and mange consultant activity worksheets in regard to GEEMD consultants’ contractual limits and Board approved additions/extensions of contractual agreements
- Report current and active monthly status of programs and projects for monthly Board of Directors, as requested by President
- Prepare minutes from Board of Directors meetings
- Participate in assigned District Board Committees
- Establish community presence as a representative of the district. Foster program support through committees, meetings and presentations
- Sustain regular communication with constituents, partners and other management districts to support/advocate opportunities for programs that meet with District’s objectives
- Provide assistance to hire, train and supervise staff to minimize turnover and develop professional skills within all staff
- Encourage staff involvement and development to effectively deliver programs
- Assist in the design and implementation of District policies, procedures, and staff training as requested
- Authorize, as appropriate, all administrative management documentation i.e.: payroll, accounts payable, staff reviews
- Attend conferences and training as needed, including Investment Officer training as required by GEEMD Investment Policy
- Facilitate East End Improvement Corporation (EEIC) meetings; inform EEIC Board of pertinent and impending issues and finances
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Accounting / Finance; CPA/CMA or MBA would be a plus.
- 7+ years of experience of governmental or nonprofit accounting preferred, coordinating audit activities and financial reporting, cash management, and fund accounting
- Proactive, hands-on strategic thinker and problem-solver.
- Has a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Must be a team player.
- Adaptability and openness taking on additional assignments as needed and to feedback and coaching.
- Proficiency with accounting, financial and other software (ex: Quickbooks) and ability to learn new software/tools.
- Ability to work independently, exercise appropriate action, and good business judgment.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness of the diverse populations within the East End community.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Candidates should send their resumes to
firstname.lastname@example.org through October 20, 2017.